PTA functions in the college since many years. Documents from 1995 are available.
- To play as a link between the teachers and parents.
- o support and facilitate the development of the college.
- To encourage student in studies.
By way of membership fee which currently is Rs.3000/- annually.
- President- Sri. M.K.Subrammanian
- Secretary- Dr.K.Murali
- Treasurer-Dr. Maya Mukundan
- Executive Members- Sudaida Samad, Sasi Kannyalil, P.S. Sheela, M. Ravikumar, Dr. T.P.Sarasa
LIST OF THE ANNUAL REPORT OF ACTIVITIES-2012
- The annual general body was held on 22.12.2011. President Sri. George Paul chaired. Prof. K.P. Prasanna, Principal, Govt. Sanskrit College, Tripunithura was the Chief Guest. Report and accounts were presented and passed unanimously. New office bearers were selected.
- Chief Gust distributed prizes for rank holders of University examinations
- Supported the financially backward students by giving text books.
- Lack of teachers in Department of RachanaSareera considered. Memorandum in respect was given to Director of Ayurveda Medical Education. As a response teacher was appointed in the post of Professor. A retired teacher was employed by PTA to conduct few lecture and practical clesses.
- Requested Principal to submit Govt. a fresh proposal for the construction a new building for Ladies hostel.
- Admission of new students to BAMS course was held on 07.08.2012 and that of PG Students was on 01.11.2012. As usual the welcome programme was organized by PTA.
- A tube well was dug for ladies hostel which was a partial solution to the water shortage.
- Lobbied Prof. K.V. Thomas to get new bus and ambulance from MPLADS. These were inaugurated by Prof. KV Thomas in a grand function.
- PTA took active role in organizing the inaugural function of PG Hostel, Physiotherapy and Yoga Centre by Hon. Minister of Health &family Welfare.
- Organized the inauguration D SPACE digital library.
- Batch wise PTA meeting was held to discuss the progress and problems of teaching and learning.
- Memorandum to construct a bus shelter and ATM was submitted to local MLA and Hon. Minister for Excise and Port, Sri. K. Babu which is under active consideration.